The Company TPNBT (Technical Proteins Nanobiotechnology, S.L.) offers PhD fellowship (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2020) for doing Industrial Doctoral Thesis in Medical Engineering and Technology.
- May already be in a PhD program but cannot be a PhD holder
- Must have less than 4 years of research experience
- Must not have resided or carried out your main activity in the country of the hiring organization for more than 12 months during the last 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment (short stays such as holidays and/or compulsory national service are not taken into account)
- MASTER DEGREE in the following disciplines: Polymer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology or other applicable Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of Protein-based Materials and Engineering is beneficial
- Recommended: Experience with animal models and FELASA B course
Skills and abilities
- High level of ENGLISH.
- Motivated person able to work independently as a member of TPNBT research team and of the BioBasedValueCircle community.
- Interest in a multidisciplinary research field
- Availability for going on SECONDMENT to foreign centres.
- A Pre‐doctoral Contract for the Training of Doctors for doing an Industrial PhD Thesis.
- Duration: 36 months.
- Salary (gross income): According to the MSCA Work Programme 2018-2020.
- Incorporation to academic & company multidisciplinary teams that include scientists from the fields of Material Research, Biology, Engineering and Medicine.
Research and management tasks related to the project: “Training the new generation of industrial doctorates in the transition towards bio-based value circles”
Work location & planned secondment(s).
The total duration of the contract is 36 months, which is scheduled as follows:
– Technical Proteins Nanotechnology (TPNBT), Prof. Dr José Carlos Rodríguez-Cabello, 18 months, novel polymer-peptide materials
– Uniklinik Aachen (UKA), Prof Dr Stefan Jockenhövel MD & Dr. Alicia Fernández Colino, 16 months, in vitro and in vivo testing
– Spintex Engineering (SPX), Dr Martin Frydrych, 2 months, bioactive silk material
For more information
TPNBT (Technical Protein Nanobiotechnology. S.L.)
Contact person: Mercedes Santos
e‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +34 983 42 63 79
The official call is published at the following link: https://biobased-valuecircle.eu/vacancies/
Applicants must check the official call and verify that they meet the eligibility criteria before filling in the application form in the former link.
The deadline for application is 31st December 2020.
The project reference is: MCGA 956621 BIOBASED VALUE CIRCLE. (TRAINING THE NEW GENERATION OF INDUSTRIAL DOCTORATES IN THE TRANSITION TOWARDS BIO-BASED VALUE CIRCLES)